This program is intended for research students and graduate students. Students, who need to or would like to learn Japanese, join this program although these classes are non-credit.
Time Table for 2017 Spring Semester
- Take the Japanese language placement test.
* Click Here For More Info.
- Come to the orientation session at Global Education Center（former Internaitonal Student Center）, and get the application form.
You can download the form.
- Consult with the professor at Global Education Center to decide which
classes you should apply.
- Ask your academic adviser to read the regulations on the application form and to give the recommendation. Please make sure that your academic adviser read the regulations carefully before he/she gave the recommendation.
- Hand the completed application form to one of the professors at Global Education Center, and get the seal on the form.
* The deadline for applications is October 13th (Fri)
- Classes for Fall semester 2017 will start on October 2nd (Mon.).
Points to note
- Tuition is free for graduate and research students. Fees for the textbook are required depending on the course.
- These are non-credit classes. For those students who attend at least 2/3 of all lectures, a certificate will be given to each student who would like to get it.
- Students may be asked to change classes depending on their Japanese level. Consult with your professors.
- These classes are not only for the graduate and research students, but also for the exchange students who need the credit.
- “Research Activities” should not be accepted as the reason for the absence.
- Make sure that Japanese language course will not be detrimental to your research activities.
- As a general rule, students need to attend all the classes once they are registered. When students miss a class, they need to contact to the professor of the course.
- If you fail to attend for 1/3 of the class-hour (e.g.5 times of 14 class-hours), your name will be automatically deleted from the list.
Be sure to take suitable classes.
- If the students are frequently absent or give up the course without contact, they will not be allowed to register the Japanese language course from next semester.