This program is intended for research students and graduate students. Students, who need to or would like to learn Japanese, join this program although these classes are non-credit.
Spring Semester：April～August Fall Semester：October～February ＊based on the Academic Calendar of University of the Ryukyus
- Come to the orientation session at Global Education Center（former Internaitonal Student Center）, and get (1)the application form and (2)the Japanese proficiency evaluation form. You can download the form(1) and the form(2).
- Consult with the professor at Global Education Center to decide which classes you should apply. * Click Here For More Info.
- Ask your academic adviser to read the regulations on the application form and to give the recommendation. Please make sure that your academic adviser read the regulations carefully before he/she gave the recommendation.
- Hand the completed application form to one of the professors at Global Education Center, and get the seal on the form. * The deadline for applications of the 2020 Spring Semester: Ms. Ashihara and Ms. Sasaki will deal with the applications even after April 22nd (Wed.).
- Classes for Spring semester 2020 will start on May 7th (Thursday).
Points to note
- You will not be given credits for the classes that you have taken as all classes are non-credit bearing. However, proof of attendance will be issued upon request to students who have met requirements equivalent to credit fulfillment. You should make a request after you finish the final examination and before the last day of the month (August 31st for the spring semester, and February 28th for the autumn semester)
- When planning to take classes, approval must first be sought from your academic advisor. Please ensure that classes do not hinder your research activities.
- Before registration, please participate in the classes that you are interested in to ensure that lessons are of a proficiency level suitable to you.
- Upon registration, you are required to attend all lessons. Please ensure that you contact your class professor when you are absent from class, or if you decide to drop any classes.
- Students who are continually absent from classes without prior notification will not be allowed to take classes in subsequent semesters.
- The submission deadline stated in the website is final. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Once you obtain the stamp of the professors at the Global Education Center and submit this application, your registration will be considered official.